This blog is no longer being updated.
Hi there, thanks for visiting. I’m Julie, the 50-something writer and life coach. I live in the middle of the lower peninsula of Michigan. This is where I offer the casserole of my life for the world to read, broken into these broad categories:
- Words: Book reviews, writing, and blogging.
- Homelife: Food and recipes, gardening, genealogy, and other projects around the house (including some older posts about cute clothes.)
- HotPot: A hodgepodge of interesting links, cat concerns, travel, and almost anything else.
- Spirit: Mindfulness, meditation, life coaching, and spirituality in action.
- I’m a Pisces with Virgo Rising. That means I create a mean to-do list, but abandon the list to follow intuitive suggestions that eventually complete a slightly altered to-do list.
- I was a majorette and pom-pom girl in high school.
- I’m a published poet.
- I’m an INFP: intuitive, introverted, feeling, and perceptive.
- I currently live in Michigan, and have lived in Ohio, Tennessee, Georgia, New York, and London, England.
- Star Trek over Star Wars.
- Tea, not coffee. (Earl Grey, hot – of course!)
- And just like you, I’m more or less than all of this. Just me.
A writer and life coach – can I hire you?
Not quite yet. First, I have a day job that fills forty hours of every week. Developing a business takes extra time, plus I’m a slow poke who insists on following my intuition into every nook and cranny (see Pisces with Virgo rising above.) As soon as the *other* website is set up, I’ll announce it here. Fingers crossed that happens by January 2018.
What is a WordStorm Casserole?
It’s a phrase from a poem I wrote where I was dreaming of a “word storm casserole” and “hot steamed dictionaries” fresh from the “oven of my imagination.”
Hold it – cat concerns?
Yes. I live with Ivan, a 15-year-old, 13 pound (?) bundle of grey purring love. He rules the house.