A fast way to turn over your wardrobe in record-speed, GT is the first of these I experienced. Definitely worth exploring as you can get amazing clothes at excellent prices. I’ll be doing a full review here shortly. Based in Los Angeles and run by the same women who created the Puella brand (sold at Anthropologie,) GT offers unique finds and other surprises. You can buy from the boutique or buy a tote and receive suprises; that’s how I changed my wardrobe from drab to fab over the winter.
My most recent obsession for a whole host of reasons including very engaged owners, super-fast shipping from the East Coast to me in Michigan, and cute clothes. Don’t let the limited selection on the website stop you from trying out their soon-to-be-relaunched “Mystery Totes;” Moxie has plenty of hidden gems in their warehouse that you do not see on the website. Plus they are constantly changing their tote styles – surely you need a few!
I talked about the Wantable Intimates subscription I had late 2014-early 2015 in a two part review – here’s part one. I changed over to the Wantable Accessories for six months or so, and have changed back over to the Intimates to round out the year. It’s been fun!
This is a clothing manufacturer creating fashion-conscious, machine washable clothes in a myriad of colors. I’ve gotten two grab bags from them, and have been very pleased both times (and I can’t say that about most grab bags.) These are excellent quality, eco-friendly, and made in the U.S.A. clothes, too.
Facebook and Instagram
It’s possible on both Facebook and Instagram to buy clothing by simply commenting, “Sold. Size Medium” and typing your email address. An invoice (and any further notifications or promotions) go to your email address. You click, fill out info, and you’ve bought something in a manner of minutes. Faster than waiting in line at a brick and mortar store that’s for sure! While I haven’t purchased a lot this way, I thought I’d mention a couple of places.
- I purchased one item from The Find Auctions. They run a sale every Wednesday beginning at 8:30 pm Central Time on Facebook.
- Pretty sure that Townhouse Boutique on Instagram is related to (perhaps a different division?) of The Find Auctions – similar contemporary styles.
- Dime and Dazzle does gently used designer duds.
Facebook Trading Groups
- Get something from GT that doesn’t work? You can often sell it via Paypal or trade it for something else you really like. I’ve bought two of my favorite pieces from the GoldenTote Trading Group.
- You’re a clothing shop owner and are at the fashion market hunting for clothes for the new season? Virtually take the trading group along to help you decide what to buy. The folks at Moxie did this with their trading group in August and boy howdy! IT. WAS. AWESOME.
- Special sales for trade group members only? Yep, they exist and you are probably missing out on something awesome. Moxie did a trading group only “Flash” sale in July that featured spring/summer deals and fall sneak peaks – I got one beautiful maxi dress for $3. Yes, I did say for THREE DOLLARS.
- Want to post a ‘reveal’ of your new finds, but afraid your “friends” might not understand? Take it to the trading group; they will definitely understand and comment. And whatever you post in the trading group is PRIVATE – which means that only trading groups members see the posts. Whew!
- Hot Damn #1 – you’d better be able to keep up because the stream of information flowing through these groups is both fast-moving and never-ending. Especially if you post a reveal!
- Hot Damn #2 – Can anyone say enablers? These ladies are, and in the most loving way possible, alerting you to super sales, grab bags, and a new subscription box that you hadn’t heard about but boy, does that ever tickle your fancy right this moment.
- There are trading groups for, yes, you guessed it, all of those boutiques I mentioned. And do not miss out on Box Reveals. Serious shoppers, great tips, and awesome attitudes. Bottles of wine and cases of chocolate optional; fur babies, real human babies, and hubbies always welcome.
- Search by brand. For example, one of the brands often carried by Golden Tote is Potter’s Pot. Search for that brand, and you find all of the Potter’s Pot items available on Zulilly at this time.
- Use the “ready to ship” page. One of the downsides of all of these “bargain” places is that shipping can take forever. By the time the package arrives, you might have forgotten that you even ordered the item. So finding the “ready to ship” page really speeds things up, but finding the page can be a pain: click a page, scroll to the almost-but-not-quite bottom and hunt for the “ready to ship” page. Stop hunting: Here’s a direct link.
P.S. I’ll let you know when that Poshmark store goes live!
P.P.S. And yep, I still shop in brick and mortar stores for clothes. There IS a TJMaxx two miles from my house. There’s no way I’d do an overnight trip to Grand Rapids and NOT stop at Nordstrom Rack. And then there are estate sales and thrift and consignment stores around here…it never ends!